This is my last beta update before I launch Twitterfall. If I write it down, it has to be true. I’ve been sat on this for too long, fearing upsetting people. It’s time to get a move on.
Twitterfall Beta will come out of beta in the next day or two. Here’s a final-ish set of changes I made since my last post:
- Geolocation works again (though it is as quirky as ever).
- It’s useable (sorta) on iPad again; I removed the viewport definition.
- Added Rollbar so I can track exceptions and errors.
- Made sure the URL saving/restoring process still works.
- Fixed a regression where the retweet text box has loads of blank spaces.
- Instagram previews work again; Instagram love to change their API.
- Render emoji using Twitter’s emoji library, so they work everywhere.
- Fixed some tweet text parsing problems.
- Tested in Internet Explorer.
Outstanding issues I’m saving for after launch, because it needs to go out the door.
- When performing a search, retweets of tweets you’ve seen are displayed, which is a little irritating.
- Reports of issues with avatars loading
- Show usernames as well as full names on retweets.